House No. 5 in Romanov lane is a reconstructed old Moscow mansion with a beautiful, well-preserved facade, which favorably distinguishes the building from the development of the district. The architectural style in which the 6-storey mansion is designed can be described as Russian classicism, but some experts consider the style closer to the late modern. This is one of the apartment houses that
belonged to Sheremetev before the revolution. The building was built in 1915 by architect Chernetsov. Then the house won the competition "for the beauty of the facade of the city", which was held by the city Council.
Attention is drawn to the design of the facade of the house-it is decorated with stone plaster, a material that was widely used in the Russian capital of the beginning of the last century. An interesting element of the building's architecture is a spectacular arch located in the center of the facade.
Today the house in Romanov lane has the status of an elite residential complex. It offers large apartments with different layouts, installed modern engineering systems.